One of the most enjoyable aspects of moving into a new apartment is the idea of the fresh start. The opportunity for a clean slate to stay organized and tidy. Unfortunately, a little thing called life can get in the way of maintaining that immaculate space you once had upon move in. We’ve compiled a handy list to keep track of how often certain household items need to be maintained!
- Mopping/Sweeping Floors – Items like this handy Swiffer Sweeper Dry + Wet Floor Mop Kit get the job done quickly and easily
- Wipe Down Kitchen Appliances- Keep your oven, microwave, and other small appliances clean with these Clorox Disinfecting Wipes to help keep germs and food residue away
- Scrub Bathroom Surfaces- Use these handy Clorox Bathroom Scrub Singles to remove soap scum and bacteria from your bathroom sink, counter, and tub
- Dusting- It’s important to dust regularly if you have allergies or breathing difficulties, as excessive dust can irritate those problems. Check out this OXO Extendable Microfiber Duster to get hard to reach places like ceiling fans, air conditioner vents, and baseboards
- Clean The Washing Machine- Keep your washing machine smelling fresh and running efficiently with Tide High Efficiency Washing Machine Cleaner
- Toss Expired Food- Get rid of those items on the verge of spoiling in your fridge, and check dry goods for staleness. Wipe your fridge down with Seventh Generation All Purpose Cleaner to safely clean
- Vacuum Mattress- One of the most looked over items in the house! One of our favorite tools is the Dyson Handheld Mattress Vacuum, meant to suck up allergens and bacteria. It also works great on sofas and car upholstery!
- Descale Your Coffee Maker- For those of us who need coffee to function in life, keeping your coffee pot clean should be on the top of the list. Descaling helps to get rid of any calcification, germs, and leftover residue. It also keeps your coffee tasting delicious! Check out these instructions from Good Housekeeping on how to keep your pot in tip top shape.
- Freshen Drains/Garbage Disposal- Nobody likes a stinky drain, and a smelly disposal is even worse! The easiest way to clean this hard to reach spot is the use of a drain cleaner like Plink. This effervescent tablet fizzes away any odor or residue and leaves a lemony fresh scent behind. Great for overall sink maintenance!